We meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:30pm.
Welcome to The Tyneside Numismatic Society. Founded in 1954, we are one of the UK’s oldest numismatic societies and coin clubs.
We are a friendly society and welcome anyone interested in collecting coins, paper money, tokens or any other numismatic items. We welcome experienced and new collectors alike. If you are new to collecting, our members are always happy to help and advise you on the best ways to grow your collection.
We hold a monthly meeting for coin and paper money collectors with a regular monthly auction of members lots. Our members travel from Newcastle, Gateshead, Durham and elsewhere in the North East to be at our meetings.
The annual membership fee for The Tyneside Numismatic Society is just £5.
On our website, you will find:
- The history of our society and more about our meetings on our about us page.
- The latest numismatic news and articles on our news page.
- Contact details for our committee members can be found on our contact us page.
- Membership application forms and our auction form on our members only downloads page (this page is password protected).
- Details of important dates on our diary page.
- Links to other useful websites for collectors on our useful links page.
Our meetings are held from 7.30pm every 2nd Tuesday of the month, at:
The Plough Public House, 369 Old Durham Road, Gateshead, NE9 5LA (click on the map below to open in Google Maps)